nigel slater.



I know this is the kind of thing that should probably be going on my my food blog, but is always nice to spotlight some of my big inspirations on here. Since I have been spending a lot of time on his website, I thought today would be a good day to feature the fabulous Nigel Slater. Nigel is an award-winning British food writer, as well as a journalist and broadcaster. He has written a number of gorgeous cookbooks which all feature absolutely beautiful food photography (oh, how I love it) and simple, lovely, and delicious recipes, plus he is the art director for every one of them.

Some of my favorite quotations of his:
  • "“There is something quietly civilizing about sharing a meal with other people. The simple act of making someone something to eat, even a bowl of soup or a loaf of bread, has a many-layered meaning. It suggests an act of protection and caring, of generosity and intimacy. It is in itself a sign of respect.”
  • "Food is, for me, for everybody, a very sexual thing and I think I realised that quite early on. I still cannot exaggerate how just putting a meal in front of somebody is really more of a buzz for me than anything. And I mean anything. Maybe that goes back to trying to please my dad, I don't know. It's like parenting in a way I suppose."
  • "Almost anything is edible with a dab of French mustard on it."




0 comments:

Post a Comment