monday morning music : thirteen.

Good morning! Did any of you happen to get some sun over the weekend? Portland was terribly dreary and rainy as per usual this time of year, which means I wasn't in the best of moods. Today, though, there is a bit of sun shining through the clouds and I got a whole lot of sleep, so let's hope for a good start of the week.

Whenever winter hits full-force, all happy/uplifting music seems to get ignored by me and I tend to stick with beautiful, yet rather sad songs on repeat. And really, who does it better than Elliott Smith (whose early death magnified just how sad his songs were)? I remember watching this performance, a cover of the song "Thirteen" by Big Star, on a videotape many years ago and found it so very beautiful and almost haunting- I just have to share (plus, it includes snippets of rainy Portland, which just seems fitting.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment